Results for Sunday, 15 September 2019
|5 Numbers + Super Ball||0 x||€0.00|
|5 Numbers||1 x||€162,897.00|
|4 Numbers + Super Ball||15 x||€1,974.51|
|4 Numbers||157 x||€220.09|
|3 Numbers + Super Ball||914 x||€43.21|
|3 Numbers||7.833 x||€16.38|
|2 Numbers + Super Ball||15.715 x||€6.28|
|2 Numbers||131.434 x||€3.00|
|Only Super Ball||279.809 x||€1.50|
Next draw on Sunday, 22 September 2019
El Gordo Primitiva FAQ
How to play the lottery
Tickets are available in over 11,000 places in Spain and you can only but them from Monday to Saturday. The lottery tickets come in two grids:
- Grid one: Consists of numbers 1-54
- Grid two: Consists of numbers 0-9
To play the lottery, you have to pick 5 numbers from the first grid and 1 number from the second grid. Each grid goes for €1.50. The number picked from the second grid is the key number that is also the return number.
If by any chance you happen to pick 6 to 11 numbers from the first grid, the rules of the lottery allow you to make manifold bets with one ticket. The bets will range between 6 and 462 in number.
When does the draw take place?
The draw of the El Gordo Primitiva takes places every Sunday. That is why you only buy tickets for the previous six days to stand a chance of winning. It is conducted at 13:00 Spanish time.
You will only win if the 5 numbers drawn from the first grid and the one number from the second grid matches the numbers you picked.
What prize categories are won
Prizes are awarded to 8 categories in total whose numbers much the drawn ones. These include:
- A perfect much of the 5+1 numbers
- 5 + 0 numbers
- 4 + 1 numbers
- 4 + 0 numbers
- 3 + 1 numbers
- 3 + 0 numbers
- 2 + 1 numbers
- 2 numbers
- Key number only
How much can one expect to win per category?
Of the total amount (T) collected once the lottery tickets sell out, only 45 percent is reserved for the prizes. The first category, which consists of a perfect match of numbers, gets 22 percent that totals up to €5 million on average. In contrast, the other categories receive 23 percent subdivided according to matching numbers as follows:
- 33% of T for 2nd category (5+0), which has an average payout of €180,000.
- 6% of T for 3rd category (4+1) that is usually about €8,000.
- 7% of T for 4th category (4+0), which on average totals up to €160.
- 8% of T for 5th category (3+1) that occasionally attracts about €45.
- 26% of T for 6th category (3+0), which on average may payout €14.
- 20% of T for 7th category (2+1) that usually adds up to €6.
- 2 matching numbers pay around €3 while winning with just the key number earns you €1.50 which is the price of the ticket you bought. The rules of the lottery state that any individual who matches only the key number and not the other grid’s numbers is entitled to a full refund of the entry fee paid.
How much is the jackpot price?
The first category has a guaranteed prize of €5 million. If the draw does not have a perfect match winner, then this prize is forwarded to the next draw day, which means that the winner will have a higher prize bonus.
What are the chances of winning?
The probability of winning the jackpot and the other categories vary as shown below:
- The probability of having a perfect match of 5+ key number and winning the jackpot is 1:31,625,100.
- The probability of matching 5+0 and winning is 1:3,511,900.
- The chances of matching 4+ key number and winning are 1:129,082.
- The chances of matching the drawn 4+0 and earning this prize are 1:14,342.
- The probability of matching 3+ key number and winning is 1:2,689.
- The chances of matching 3+0 and winning are 1:299.
- The chances of matching 2+ key numbers are 1:172.
- The chances of picking 2 numbers that match the drawn are 1:19.
- The probability of matching the drawn key number with your ticket is 1:10.
As the numbers needed to match the drawn numbers for you to win increases, the probability of winning becomes lower.
What happens if there is more than one winner?
If there is more than one winner of the jackpot category of the El Gordo Primitiva, then the price is subdivided between/ among all the winners in that category equally.
When are the winning numbers verified?
El Gordo Primitiva carries out the draw in the afternoon of every Sunday and the results are verified the next morning. The winning numbers will be published on the Monday’s newspaper.
Where are the lottery tickets bought?
Apart from being able to access El Gordo Primitiva lottery tickets from over 11,000 locations with many being in Spain, you can also buy them from anywhere across the world. This is because you can access the lottery’s interface to buy the tickets online and pick out the numbers you would like to participate in the draw with.
How long are the winning tickets valid?
Once you match the numbers drawn from both or either grids, you are given a period of three months to verify that you have the winning numbers and then proceed to claim the prize. A claims period is also set from the day the draw is made.
Legally, how old should you be to participate in the lottery?
For one to be able to buy the tickets and play in the lottery, the law requires that you attain the age of 18 years. This is a rule applied in almost all draw games that are categorized as gambling.
What legal regulations are included in the lottery?
The El Gordo Primitiva lottery winning prizes that exceed €2,500 are subjected to a taxation rate of 20 percent by the Spanish authorities.